Nominations now open for construction’s ‘Top 40 Under 40’
The awards seek to honour young leaders in Canadian construction.
- Individuals can be nominated by their peers or they can nominate themselves.
- Nominations will close July 28.
- Winners will be chosen based on their professional achievements, innovative approaches, leadership qualities, and involvement in the community.
The Whole Story:
It’s time to celebrate Canada’s up and coming construction leaders.
On-Site Magazine and SitePartners have announced the return of the Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction awards. Nominations are now officially open for construction industry professionals from diverse backgrounds and sectors.
Now in its fourth year, the program celebrates outstanding young leaders who are driving innovation and progress in the construction industry across Canada.
Last year’s event honoured 40 construction professionals under 40 years old who have made significant contributions to their communities, cities, provinces, and the nation as a whole. These individuals, both on-site and off-site, played pivotal roles in advancing complex infrastructure projects, implementing cutting-edge technology tools for jobsites, and fostering thriving communities for families.
Who is eligible
In previous years, honorees have represented a wide range of professions, including architects, contractors, designers, engineers, equipment operators, estimators, executives, occupational health and safety managers, project managers, quantity surveyors, site supervisors, superintendents, tradespersons, as well as professionals from the consulting, law, finance, and technology fields, all of whom contribute to the advancement of Canadian construction.
Organizers encouraged the construction industry to nominate exceptional individuals under the age of 40, as of December 31, 2023, who are shaping Canada’s construction sector.
The winners will be chosen based on their professional achievements, innovative approaches, leadership qualities, and involvement in the community. The honorees will be showcased in the October 2023 issue of On-Site Magazine.
How it’s judged
A panel of judges will evaluate each candidate using a weighted system. Professional achievement will account for 50% of the evaluation, considering significant business or project accomplishments, outstanding work in their respective roles, professional designations, memberships, licenses, as well as educational development and qualifications. Innovation, leadership, and influence will contribute 40%, examining professional innovation, industry disruption, team leadership, and involvement in key decision-making processes. The remaining 10% will be allocated to business and community involvement, acknowledging participation in professional mentorship programs, as well as charitable or volunteer initiatives.
To be eligible, nominees must be respected leaders or rising stars in the construction community, residents of Canada, and currently working in the country. They should also be 39 years old or younger by the end of this year.
All eligible nominations must be submitted through the official Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction form, available on the organization’s website. The form must be completed in full, which may require up to 15 minutes or more to fill out. While you can preview the list of nomination questions, only nominations submitted through the official online form will be considered.
Here are some key points to note:
- Nominees may either self-nominate or be nominated by someone else.
- If self-nominating, a Letter of Support from a current or former supervisor, colleague, client, or vendor must be attached.
- Individuals or companies are welcome to submit nominations for more than one person, but those submitting on behalf of companies or organizations are encouraged to limit their nominations to five individuals.
- Only nominations submitted through the official online form will be accepted.
- Individuals who were nominated but did not win in previous years are welcome to reapply.
- The deadline for nominations is 11:59pm PST on Friday, July 28th, 2023. For any inquiries, please contact email@example.com.